BeernutsWorld

BeernutsWorld

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Phelps Helps Make Marijuana Legal...


Not really but maybe he can help make it legal. Personally I don't use it but I don't care if people do. In my opinion it isn't really all that bad compared to the other stuff in the world. Anyways here is the article.
"Phelps says bong photo authentic:


Michael Phelps won eight golds in Beijing, breaking Mark Spitz's 1972 record of seven.TAMPA, Fla. -- Olympic great Michael Phelps has acknowledged "regrettable" behavior and "bad judgment" after a photo in a British newspaper showed him smoking marijuana.

In a statement released to The Associated Press, the swimmer who won a record eight gold medals at the Beijing Games conceded the authenticity of the exclusive photo published Sunday by the tabloid News of the World.

Phelps said: "I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

An accompanying story in the tabloid said the photo was from a Nov. 6 party in South Carolina, a little more than a month after Phelps wrapped up his record haul in Beijing.

Phelps was charged with driving under the influence in Maryland in 2004, when he was 19. He was sentenced to 18 months probation and fined $250.

Under more flexible sanctions the World Anti-Doping Agency adopted for 2009, first-time offenders who commit particularly bad infractions can face suspensions of up to four years.

The current standard for first-time offenders is a two-year ban no matter the violation.""

No comments: