BeernutsWorld

BeernutsWorld

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Crosby Drops Gloves and the Moss Saga Continues

There are two stories this morning I wanted to talk about. So instead of doing two posts, why not just do one. It's like going green in the blog world. So if you are bored settle in your computer chair, grab a drink, crack the neck and get ready to read.

My poor Penguins are struggling. Fleury has been bad, Johnson had been good. Johnson was not so good last night. I didn't get a chance to catch the game last night because I was ballin it up "jack" ball style, but saw the box score and highlights. It was ugly.

Down 4-1 in the 2nd you could tell the frustration was building, not only from this game, but from the sloppy start they have gotten off to. 6-6-1 13 pts. Not a start a Stanley Cup Champion caliber team should get off to.

Puck drops for a face off then play stops camera goes down into the corner to check out the fight. It's something you don't see very often. Sid the Kid dropped the gloves for the 5th time and squared off with Stars defenseman Matt Niskanen.

Not only were fan's shocked by this, but Niskanen was to. Here is what he had to say "I never saw that coming,"

"We were up 4-1 and he was probably trying to get the team going. He asked me to go and we went.

"I didn't say a word to him all night. I wasn't on the ice with him all night. I made sure he really wanted it and we went. It happens."

"I think he probably picked me out,"

"Maybe I was the smallest guy out there. I don't know."

I mean I can see being frustrated and trying to make a point but you don't want your Captain, your star out there throwing punches or wearing them. I mean granted he won the fight but if he gets knocked out or injured because of it, where does that leave the Penguins? Continuing to spiral down the standings.

Hopefully it fires up the team and they get healthy and hot soon.

On to part II of this post, the Randy Moss Saga. So if you have to use the bathroom I recommend doing it now. It's not good to hold it they say.

Randy Moss is turning into the NFL version of Matt Stairs. The guy that keeps trying to find a "home" His newest home, the country music capital of the world, Tennessee.

Myself and a couple of buddies are taking side bets to how long he will be able to keep his mouth shut there. I mean the Titans better not bring in a Mom and Pop restaurant to cook some food because now that Randy Moss has money he isn't going to eat that crap.

How has Moss not teamed up with Ochocinco and TO to make the TOCHOSS reality show? If he did that maybe it would be enough to keep him from making his post game interviews his show. I mean the guy even has songs from them now.

In one of my other posts ( http://mattmclear.wordpress.com/2010/10/06/moss-back-to-the-vikings/) I spoke highly of the move Minnesota made to get him. How they would make a run to the playoffs, Super Bowl contenders. So I was wrong.

What does this do for the Titans? I am not going there again. I think this move will blow up in their face. He has to come in, learn another offense, work on chemistry with Kerry Collins and Vince Young because Young is beat up. Plus with Britt sidelined for 6-8 weeks I'm not sure it helps that much. He's good when he wants to be good. But when he is pouting like a 3 year old who wants the toy in the grocery store, he is useless.

So here are my predictions. Titans finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs. Moss finish's the year with them and then either get's released to FA or get's traded for a 4th round pick. He will be unhappy, make himself look like an idiot to the media and all of our lives will go on listening to months and months about will Favre retire or not, all while crowning the Steeler's super bowl champs.

Bold yes, logical yes, could it happen? Time will only tell.

Thanks for checking us out have a good thirsty Thursday.


PEACE

No comments: