BeernutsWorld

BeernutsWorld

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Super Bowl XLVI Thru Half Open Eyes


Well the Super Bowl has came and gone and I figured I would do a little write up of how a Steelers fan spent his day and viewed the game at his house party.

It started off a little like most Sundays at the house with a slight hangover and the excitement of getting to watch football. I was a little more excited though because I was hosting the Super Bowl party again and knew all my friends would be coming over and there would be a lot of food. So after cleaning the house and getting the food prepped, the pre gaming began.

I cracked my first beer at 11:42 am. Miller Lite bottle. Had some people stop in and out during the morning dropping off food and getting it heated up in their crock pots. Most of the guests arrived between 2-4.

We kicked off the festivities with some Mario Kart. Good game to kick start the drinking. I mean who doesn't love Mario Kart? When people started to get angry because they sucked at Mario Kart we then turned up the surround sound and cranked some old school rap. It sure feels good to be a gangster. We also watched Duke lose to Miami which was a great thing for this Carolina fan.

We then began talking about the game and how there would be so many Giant fans at my house and one lonely Patriot fan. When all of a sudden an idea hit me. We should fire up the web cam and do some interviews and watch the reaction of the lonely Patriot fan during the game. The idea then turned into let's broadcast the whole party.

So we fired up the web cam and broadcasted the party to the world. Matt Tynon did his advertising via Facebook and Twitter and the viewers came in. Mainly we only had a couple of friends that lived in Buffalo checking us out but I think at one point we had almost 100 viewers. (Could be wrong I was really intoxicated) Not sure if they thought we were showing the game or just happened to stumble upon a bunch of drunk Irish guys just slugging beer but either way we had ALOT more viewers then expected.

We deep fried a turkey, cooked 16 pounds of Just Pizza wings, and made 10 pounds of fries. All this on top of a table full of just about any other food and dips you can eat while watching football. I don't think I have ever had that much food in my house at one time, it was great. Although to be honest I don't really remember eating much, I think I was afraid it would ruin my buzz. So if anyone can let me know how it was that would be great. Half time we made some Just Pizza three cheese steak pizza. I do recall eating that chased by a broadcasted shot of us doing shots of Jameson.

I do recall the first touchdown by the Giants and the safety by the Patriots. I remember just about all the scores and it being 17-15 for awhile. I had a square pool going around at my house and won both the first and second quarters. That was also nice.

I am going to say the party had give or take 25-30 guests. We filled two bags of empties and did some damage on a bottle of wine or two and a bottle of Jameson. Almost all the food was gone and the house was not dirty at all which was weird. The only mess was the kitchen and all the dishes. If any of you helped clean after the game when I was really blacked out I thank you.

As the night went on I don't remember a single commercial other than the fact the first one was a Bud Light Platinum one, I think. I had to look up how long the national anthem was though. Apparently Kelly Clarkson did well by not forgetting any words and went over on the prop. We had some side bets on Gatorade colors the winning coach would wear I thought Orange, it was water. We were all wrong. I remember the coin toss being heads as well. I also remember the reaction of Luke Powers watching his team be crowned world champs. Priceless. Also the lonely Patriot fan accepted defeat like a true gentlemen, a lot better than I would have.

All in all it was a great night and hopefully anyone that watched us online got a good laugh. As great as it is to have your team in the Super Bowl I have to admit it's a lot less stressful not having them in there. You can relax enjoy the party and not have to worry about seeing the team you lose to be allover TV saying "i'm going to Disney World". Plus being a Steelers fan you know that your chances of getting back to the Super Bowl are pretty good. That next year you could be back to being stressed out dealing with everyone rooting against you, because everyone hates your team when they are in the big game especially if it's the Steelers.

Congratulations to the NY Giants and all their fans it's a great feeling being a fan of a world champion. The only thing that can't happen now is to have the Rangers be Stanley Cup champs. Go Pens. If you are looking for this wild crew to stream our next party, stay tuned for St Patty's Day. If we stream that the viewers should go through the roof.

Would love to hear some wild Super Bowl parties so share yours here or email me at 30mclear44@gmail.com also if you were at mine comment on all the things I can't remember.

No comments: