BeernutsWorld

BeernutsWorld

Thursday, January 26, 2012

ESPN's NFL Any Era: Beernutsworld Edition

ESPN is doing their Any Era team. Their list is pretty good don't get me wrong. But honestly it's not quite right. If you do not know what the Any Era team is here is the explanation from ESPN.

"ESPN.com and ESPN The Magazine sought a list of the 20 current players who a 20-member Pro Football Hall of Fame panel and ESPN's John Clayton believe could excel in any era of the NFL.

Or, to put a finer point on it -- when Mike Ditka looks at today's player, whom does he want lining up next to him ... or across from him?

Which of today's players did our group of Hall of Famers deem really old school?

The playing days for our 20-member Hall of Fame panel spanned the '60s (Jim Brown) to the turn of the century (John Randle)...."

Here is the 20 members that they have.


20) Peyton Manning
19) Tim Tebow
18) Ndamukong Suh
17) Dwight Freeney
16) Jared Allen
15) Darrelle Revis
14) Ray Rice
13) Ed Reed
12) Demarcus Ware
11) Tom Brady
10) James Harrison
9) Aaron Rodgers
8) Hines Ward
7) Patrick Willis
6) Adrian Peterson
5) Brian Urlacher
4) Charles Woodson
3) Ben Roethilisberger
2)Troy Polomalu
1)Ray Lewis

Any list would be pretty hard to compile with so many great NFL players currently playing in the NFL but I feel like this list is out of order, and including guys that I feel should not make the list.

First thing that blows my mind is how ESPN has Tebow on the list, let alone OVER Peyton Manning. ESPN are you serious? I could sit here and bash Tebow all day but frankly I am not wasting the risk of carpal tunnel on it. He's off the list, sorry Jesus.

Maybe I am even too young to debate this because I won't lie I didn't see a lot of old school football. I have seen A LOT of current day football and know that I can select roughly 40 guys that deserve to be on that list more than Tebow. Instead of wasting all your time I am going to get right to my list.

20)Hines Ward
19)Ndamukong Suh
18)Dwight Freeney
17)Jared Allen
16)Ray Rice
15)Demarcus Ware
14)Ed Reed
13)Drew Brees
12)Peyton Manning
11)Adrian Peterson
10)Hakitu Ngata
9)Charles Woodson
8)Darelle Revis
7)Aaron Rodgers
6)Patrick Willis
5)Brian Urlacher
4)James Harrison
3)Tom Brady
2)Ray Lewis
1)Troy Polamalu

Here is my top 20 for now. I will do a follow up post tomorrow once I have time to put some more thought into it and add explanations why.

Feel free to send over comments on my list or players that should make it or should not be on here. If you feel ambitious then send over a list of your own and I will post.

No comments: