BeernutsWorld

BeernutsWorld

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

NFL Conference Championship Betting Thoughts

Like I mentioned in my previous post I wanted to share my predictions on what I think will happen this Sunday. If you take my advice and lose don't get angry it's just my opinion and nothing is guaranteed in the world of sports.

Sunday 3pm Baltimore @ New England

Bovada.lv lines
Spread New England -9
Over/Under 50.5
Vegas Insider Lines
New England -7.5
Over/under 50.5


New England comes into this game on a 9 game winning streak and a 7-1 home record.To me it's pretty simple in what New England is going to do. Score. They have put up 30+ points in 13 of their last 17 games. I see them doing it again this week. The question is what will Baltimore do? I personally think Baltimore will be able to put up points on an awful New England D.

Projections:

New England: 38
Baltimore: 23

So as you can see I like New England -7.5 and the Over 50.5


Sunday 6:30 NFC Championship Game New York Giants @ San Francisco 49er's

Bovada.lv lines

SF -3
over/Under 42

Vegas Insider Lines
SF -2.5
over/under 42

Both teams are coming into this game on 4 game winning streaks. 49ers are playing tough and getting things done with their defense. They are 7-1 at home with their only loss coming week 2 vs the Dallas Cowboys.

The Giants and 49er's squared off week 9 in SF and with the 49ers coming away with a a 27-20 win. 49er's were playing just as good football then but the Giants were not playing nearly as well. I expect the score to be around the same but with different results. If the Eli of the last 4 weeks shows up I think Giants walk away with a win here.

Projections:

New York Giants 27
SF 49er's 17

So as you can see I like the Giants to cover the spread and to cover the over.

Good luck to you if you place a bet and if these are one of your teams fighting for a Super Bowl. Unless your the 49er's, I do not want you to have a chance at tying the Steeler's Super Bowl record.

Thanks for stopping by,

Matt McLear

No comments: