BeernutsWorld

BeernutsWorld

Monday, March 10, 2008

MLB2K8 Review






I bought MLB2K8 for the 360 Saturday and just thought I would give my opinion on it. A couple of changes have helped make the game both more challenging and more realistic. The swing stick is still the game's way to hit. Simply press down to step and up, left or right to hit. A little more fine tuned then 2k7 because the Hit Stick allows you to control if you want to go opposite field or pull it. It is also a little harder to time it then it was in 2k7 but all in all I think it's good. Another new feature is how you pitch. I started with just an exhibition game and wanted to play around and figure it out on my own. After giving up about 6 home runs to the braves in the first inning I decided I have no idea how to pitch. It shows you the motion of how you have to move the right analog stick but I needed to look at the tips to figure out the rest. I recommend you do this as well unless you catch me on Live then don't worry about it just keep coming with the Meatball. I like in the one player game from the pitchers view. The catcher calls the pitch he wants and also picks a spot to throw it to. All in all i am very impressed with the new pitching. When playing in the field to simply throw the ball has changed as well. Instead of Pressing the button to throw to the base you have to use the right stick to throw. Simply press right on it to 1st up 2nd, left 3rd, and down to home. You also have a power meter so if you throw to hard it will be a bad throw and can affect your game. Also I like this new feature. The one thing I hate is when playing the Home Run Derby you have to watch every other person in it. We were doing a Franchise and wanted to do the Derby but didn't want to watch every other person in order for us to be able to go. How hard is it to be able to simulate that? That is the one thing I am not happy with. I love the manager mode in the Franchise though so instead of just simulating you can have control on your win or lose. Most the time though I lose in heartbreaking walk-offs. Damn you Mets. I started off with the Pirates made a couple trades thought I had a decent team after starting off 2-15 and being in deep shit I quit the Pirates got hired at the Cardinals and put together an awesome pitching staff. After the all star break I saw the Braves job opened up so I jumped allover that. Made a trade or two and won the league, and am now in the World Series vs the Mariners. Started off with a lead last night in Game 1 but the game froze so we are going to reschedule it for tonight. My prediction Braves 17 Mariners 8. All in all i recommend this game to anyone who loves the 2k series baseball games. I give it a 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments: