BeernutsWorld

BeernutsWorld

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ouch



Sorry to have a delay in posts here guys but really i can explain. Easter Sunday I was busy doing the family thing and then I had to help the Mayor of Heuvelton finish up our fantasy baseball stuff for the start of the season. (thanks Boston and Oakland for having to play in Tokyo teasing us with opening day crap to only really have opening day a week later) Then I was going to explain to you how awesome my Easter dinner was but I didn't want to rub it in. Then Monday well nothing exciting went on Monday that I can think of. Then Tuesday was a painful night. I was at work just like any other Tuesday blue day when my old man called and said "hey want to go to the 'Cuse game tonight", naturally how can you say no. So my old man, myself, and a couple of his work buddies all made the trip to the 'Cuse. For all of you that watched the game know the what I mean by the headline ouch. For those of you that did not catch the game you are lucky because it was painful. I will give you a brief hopefully painless recap of the game. The Cuse played an AWESOME first half with a lead of 19 i believe at the half. Second half came out kind of flat but still was in control of the game. Once the 11 minute mark hit and the UMASS team starting to wear down the Orange thing's got ugly. By ugly i mean FUGLY. Slowly but surley UMASS crept back into the game. Less than a minute to go Cuse up 1 inbounding the ball turn it over UMASS easy layup and their first lead of the game. (Pitt game allover again???) Cuse get the ball in Green goes to the rack gets swatted UMASS hits foul shots Cuse did not, Game Over thanks for playing drive home safe. I have never seen 20,000+ fan's do so much crying, and just have that look of are you kidding me right now. I mean i could not believe that happened. Blew such a huge lead, and by huge we almost left 5 minutes into the half because the Cuse was up so much and we thought they were going to just pound them, move on to MSG and play Florida. Not so much. Now if UNC loses tonight I will cry and have nobody or nothing to root for until the Pirates start their season vs Atlanta Monday. My team is still in playoff contentions and it is exciting for me. Every year is a new beginning. Back to the Cuse game, not only did they lose but on the way home we hit some fluke snow storm and had to travel 30 mph all the way home. Needless to say it was not a pleasant ride home 2 am and sleepy eye's i finally make it home and sleep the night away. Good fight good night.

No comments: