BeernutsWorld

BeernutsWorld

Monday, February 11, 2008

SLU Game


Saturday night I attended my first SLU game even though I live next to the SLU campus. The game was a pretty entertaining game and I now find myself more into hockey. I am not willing to call myself a SLU fan and will not be seen wearing any SLU gear unless some is given to me and even then I probably won't. I had heard from my cousin the Clarkson fan that Cornell (the team that played SLU that night) had 2 brothers of NHL star Rick Nash. We were able to find a R. Nash on the team but couldn't find another one. The R.Nash though scored 2 goals and is very good. I may be a jerk for finding this to be the highlight of the game but I mean it was the parts of the game that stuck out the most. 1) When you walk in they give you these plastic hand noise makers. They were ok at first kind of fun until in walked about 15 8 year olds with them and each holding a big cookie. They were fired up and those noise makers soon got broken, not sure how. 2) A guy from SLU got hammered into the boards and litterally got knocked out. It wasn't funny in anyway shape or form. It was something that stuck out as a momeny i'll remember in the game. I mean 6 goals were scored but this dude getting knocked out sticks to my mind. 3) With the game almost over a SLU player flipped the puck out and it came up in the stands and smucked a lady or a kid not sure which one right in the face. I couldn't even imagine. We sat behind the net where there was a protecting net and I was still scared that I might get hit. Every shot hammered into the net I still flinched while the row of 8 year old kid's screamed. All in all it was a good trip and I wouldn't mind going back and checking out another game. On a side note the cups you get from soda taste much better with a draft beer.

No comments: